|This article is about an area of the Ranma ½ franchise that has not been translated or subtitled by Viz Media or another official dubbing company and as such may contain information which isn't completely accurate or true to the original content.|
Let's Watch! It's a Rumic World 50th Anniversary Weekly*Shonen Sunday is a special, non-canon crossover mini-episode which was used as the opening for the 50th anniversary of Weekly Shōnen Sunday. This episode is most notable for featuring the main characters of then released Rumiko Takahashi major works which had been released into long-running anime series.
Ataru Moroboshi is flirting with a girl and asks for her email. The girl turns out to be Ranma in his female form. After Ataru continues to try and get Ranma to go on a date with him, Ranma decides she's had enough and punches Ataru in the face, sending him flying. Ranma then runs into a public bathhouse. Lum then flies over the same bathhouse and greets the audience, hoping that their all good. As Lum talks, Inuyasha walks up and sees her and believes she is a demon. Lum then continues addressing the audience saying they all seem to be here for a celebration.
Inuyasha can't believe that there are demons in this time as well, so he goes to attack Lum while she tells the audience she hopes they find what they're looking for. However, Kagome appears and tells Inuyasha to sit and, due to his collar, Inuyasha does so obediently, Kagome then asks Inuyasha what he was thinking. The loud crash of Inuyasha landing on the ground causes Lum to turn around and finally notice the two are behind her. Ranma, now back in his male form, comes out of the bathhouse and looks at Inuyasha. Ranma then notices Inuyasha's ears and asks what Jusenkyo he fell into. Inuyasha simply replies that Ranma's voice is similar to his.
Ataru then throws a bucket of water onto Ranma, turning him back into his female form. When Ranma asks why he did that Ataru says this way he can her beautiful face. Ataru then begins to hug and grope Ranma, much to her shock and discomfort. Ataru then goes to Kagome and calls her beautiful as well and begins asking for her email or if she'll go on a date with him. Kagome is frightened as wonders if Ataru is one of Miroku's decendants, she then backs away. Inuyasha is angered by Ataru and tells him that he'll protect Kagome.
Despite this obvious threat, Ataru sneaks off and hugs Kagome and Ranma saying they should all leave together. Lum has had enough of Ataru's flirting and gets extremely angry with him. Lum, Inuyasha and Ranma attack Ataru for the things he did and chase after him when he runs away. Meanwhile, Kagome addresses the audience again and says she hopes they all enjoyed this very special presentation, brought to them by Shōnen Sunday. All the characters then join hands and bow as a curtain closes in front of them.
Cast in Order of AppearanceEdit
|Character Name||Japanese Voice|
|Ataru Moroboshi||Toshio Furukawa|
|Ranma Saotome (female)||Megumi Hayashibara|
|Kagome Higurashi||Satsuki Yukino|
|Ranma Saotome (male)||Kappei Yamaguchi|
|Ryoga Hibiki (cameo, P-chan)||N/A|
|Genma Saotome (cameo, panda)||N/A|
|Shampoo (cameo, cat)||N/A|
- Ataru has a Lum keychain on his phone.
- At the start of the special, when Ataru is flirting with female Ranma, there is a restaurant behind them called "WcDonald's". This is an obvious reference and parody of the McDonald's chain of fast food restaurants.
- When Inuyasha says that his voice sounds similar to Ranma's, this is a joke at the fact they share the same Japanese voice actor, coincidentally they have the same in English as well.
- Two characters break the fourth wall in this episode, those being Lum and Kagome respectively.
- It is never explained how Ataru knew throwing cold water on Ranma would turn him into a girl. However, it is possible Ataru saw the female Ranma turning back into his male form offscreen while Ranma was in the Bathhouse and so Ataru assumed cold water would turn Ranma back into his female form.